Friday, May 7, 2010
Westcoast regionals
Sydnee had regionals for dance a couple weeks ago. She was in her element and loved every min. of it! We didn't participate in scholarships this year because it was on Sunday. I was so proud of her because I knew she really wanted to be there but she never complained once. Dance and Sunday's have been a huge stress in our life this last year. We always told Sydnee that when she got to the point that she couldn't avoid Sunday's anymore we would finish out the year and then find something else. Well we are there, and as crazy as this sounds it has been one of the hardest decisions we have had to make. Sydnee loves to dance! She told her dad she would work with him all summer to earn money for next year. I just wish I could figure out a balance and make it work. I love that she is so dedicated and driven! I want to her to be a kid. To come home and play with her friends and siblings. I want to be able to have free time to do the things with our family that dance keeps us from doing. I also have a strong opinion that kids need to keep themselves busy with good things. I know she is not always going to want to hang out with just mom and dad and I want to help her gain enough self confidence and self esteem to make good choices in her life. Unfortunately things are not always black and white when raising children, so we are making this a matter of prayer. I know in the end we will figure it out, but all in all I still want Sydnee to be happy. She is a great kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Shannon you are such a good mom and a great example!!! Your example will stick with Sydnee forever. Syndee is one driven and talented girl! She's darling!!
Happy Mother's Day!
I love to watch her dance... she is amazing!
She is darling and electric when she is on stage. Love her!! Your such a great mom! xoxo
one thing i am really learning as a mom, is that you have to do what is right for you anbd your family. What works for one family won't be the right thing for you!
good luck!
I can't believe the things Sydnee has done with dance being so young still... Amazing! I just loved the Easter pictures and the kids notes around the house- so sweet :) But my favorite was Brynlee's morning hair-do, jammies and YELLOW BIKE, what great memories and what GREAT KIDS! It's hard coming to your blog sometimes because it makes me homesick- miss you guys :)
Post a Comment