Thursday, August 14, 2008

First day of school 2008!

Sydnee and Tanner had their first day of school last Wednesday Aug. 6th, and Brynlee started this past Tuesday the 12th. I still can not believe that summer is over and we are back in school. I was a little hesitant for school to start, but I will admit it has been so nice to get back on a schedule and normal life. After 3 years of dealing with the Higley school district we were finally able to pull our kids and get them in the school we wanted. The kids have so many friends there and are loving it! What a difference from last year. I drop Tanner off at school with a smile and pick him up with a smile! He loves playing sports at recess with all his buddies. We seriously lived in the best neighborhood! There is such a great group of kids there. Tanner does so much better when he is in a comfortable place. He has to know somebody and feel comfortable. On the first day I walked him up to his teacher and he started to cry. I thought oh great, here we go again. I saw one of the cute little boys from our old ward and asked if he could stand by Nixon. His teacher said of course. I took Tanner over to Nixon and told Nixon Tanner was scared and wanted to stand by him. Nixon took hold of Tanner's hand and Tanner immediately stopped crying. That was the last tear we have seen. What a blessing and answer to my prayers. He just needed one friend and what better friend than Nixon. This year has seriously been so hard. We have been faced with so many trials and I honestly did not know how we were going to come out of some of them. But I know Heavenly Father is there for me and my little family, and that he loves us. My kids are doing awesome and could not be happier. I think too often I took everything for granted and got way to comfortable with life. Sometimes we have to be tried to see what all we have and have been blessed with. I love my sweet husband and kids so much. I am so thankful for the friends and family we have been blessed with, they have helped us in so many ways and we could never repay them all for their kindness. I think it is going to be a great school year and we are so excited for all the fun ahead of us. Sydnee 1st day of 3rd grade, Mrs. Hancock's class Tanner 1st day of 1st grade Mrs. Hayden's class Syd and Tanner with their good friends Tanner and Ella Brynlee 1st day of preschool with Mrs. Becky(I love her little prissy run!)

4 comments:

Nichole Lowe said...

Wow you did some catching up. I love seeing your blog. I am so glad that your kids now go to Tylers school. It is great having you guys back on our side of town. We have to get together more when we aren't shuffling kids to school, dance and sports. :)

Cami said...

They are so cute. I love Brynlee's run. LOL!

Unknown said...

We are so happy at that school too. Nixon Loves Tanner and I am so glad they are in the same class. I was so sure that Nixon was lying about the whole homerun incident! He tells some good ones! Ha!

The Wonnacotts said...

They look so cute! I just love 1st day of school pictures! What is your email address cause I have some pictures I want to send you.