Monday, December 1, 2008
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....
Ba humbug... that is my husband! It is a known fact that when I ask my husband to help get the Christmas decorations down he will get grouchy! Well I have decided that I need to send him off to the Dunes right before this every year, because he was so nice about it today. Seriously in the 10 years we have been married this was a first! He did have to go and count and get irritated that I have 12 totes full of Christmas decorations, but still he was very pleasant! So I decided to go with the flow. I will admit I am a tree Nazi! I usually have multiple trees so I do the big one by myself then let the kids do their own in the play room. This year there is just one tree, so I decorated the top and put all the sprays in while they were at school, then tonight we all put the ornaments on for FHE. The kids had a blast! Especially Brynlee, she kept asking if their were more. We then read the story about the last straw and drew names for our good deeds. I got a little emotional as I was reading the story. I love this time of year. I love how everyone around is in a good mood, I love shopping for that perfect gift, I love giving, I love spending so much time with family and friends, I love the traditions that come with the holidays, but most of all I am so thankful for the little family I have. Watching my kids get so excited and trying to sneak around and do a good deed for their siblings makes all that I do worth it! I am excited for the month ahead!
I had some help with the photos so they are not the best, but you get the picture!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






16 comments:
Umm..Shannon, are you kidding me with that tree?? Wow, it is beautiful and fun and festive. I am in love with it, and all those fun boxes underneath. Awesome job!
Oh my goodness post overload since I've been to your blog last! I can't get anything done today because I can't get away from this darn computer- anyway- loved all your posts- you've had a lot going on! Your decorations look gorgeous as they always do! Thankgiving sure looked like a good time too with the fam and I know Keith would have loved to have gone to the dunes with the boys- he definately missed out this time! Sydney looked so cute with her fake eyelashes for her recital- love it! Can't wait to see you guys!
I'm loving your tree! Those decorations are big and beautiful and fun... especially for Crew!! Everything looks great! I'm glad you had a fun Thanksgiving!!
I love the red and white! That's the theme I'm going for too! It will take us quite a few years to have the ornament collection like yours but I was lucky enough to
have Brian initiate the decorating everything looks sooo cute!
I LOVE it! Gotta love this time of year!!!
I'm so with you on this time of year. I feel like I look forward to it all year long. All the traditions and fun memories to be made with the kids. Your decorations look beautiful. Don't you just love to get it all out. I always forget exactly what I have and get excited as I'm opening all the boxes that have been stored away!
Don't worry, you're not alone with the grumpy husband. Maybe I need to plan a trip for Steve next year too:)
Shannon your tree looks fabulous! I love when you do a lot of posts. I understand the not letting your kids decorate the big tree. I usually let mine organize them into like ornaments and then hand them to me. Last year I got them each little ones to do in there room,so they can decorate.Thanksgiving looked like a lot of fun. The sun made it look like a beautiful day. When you said your kids drew names what do they have to do for each other? It sounded like a good idea.
can you please come and decorate my house!!!!! I am the worst!!!!
Ohh, you can come be a tree nazi at my house any day Shan. It gorgeous! I'm always on the hunt for a good new Christmas book. I'm not sure I've heard of the one you mentioned about the last straw-what is it called? Thinking of you and hoping you have a great Christmas!
I love it! I have memories from last year shopping. I miss you!
I can't find your email. I know it used to be in my inbox but apparently it disappeared. Will you email me your address and then I will email you back. I'll get Kristina's as well.
Looks like you bought that tree straight from a boutique window. It is awesome.
christinabrian1@yahoo.com
cute cute cute stuff! LOVE your decor!
Ok, I think for my next Young Womens activitie we will be showing up at your house, so the girls can learn how to decorate a GORGEOUS tree, what the Heck! You are so showing me how to do a tree when we get our next house....
Shannon, thanks for all your sweet well wishes on my blog.. You are so tender.
Okay, I actually just noticed your Thanksgiving post and can I just say that you seriously don't look a day older than when we were in high school. and please take that as the hugest compliment ever!! You look just amazing as ever.
Did you get my message on facebook? I tried emailing you, but I guess it wouldn't go through. Let me know if you got it okay.
so fun. what a great Idea for the good deeds...i'll have to get more info on that and also get the last straw story...
Shannon!!
You guys are so cute! I love your adorable kids! Crew is getting so big! AND i'm in LOVE with your gorgeous tree! Your kids look like they had so much fun decorating it! Can't wait to see you guys on Monday!
Love ya guys!
Mallory, Craig and Carter
Post a Comment