Monday, February 1, 2010
Rainbow connection
Sydnee competed in her second competition of the year last weekend! She did so good and we were so proud of her. Dance has kind of been a struggle for me this year. I feel like it takes her away from home a little more than I would like, and I don't always think that is good. I have been praying for an answer on how to handle the situation for a while now. It seems so silly, but sometimes it is hard to be a parent. I got a phone call from a dear friend today who I have always admired. We were inseparable during high school, but haven't lived near each other since, so I always look forward to our occasional conversations. We started talking about life and kids and what is going on and we brought up dance. I told her my concerns and she had some great advice. She was a diver, and a very good diver! She said that she only wishes that her girls will find something that they love as much as Sydnee loves dance. Even though she missed out on a few things, she learned life lessons through diving that she still uses today. It is a great thing for kids to learn to work hard for something, to sacrifice and to be disciplined! Lets face it, there are so many temptations out there for our kids today, it is good for them to be busy with good things! Every situation is different and every family is different, but I know that dance has been a saving grace for Sydnee the last couple of years and I am thankful for that! We will see what next year brings, but for today I am glad she loves to dance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are a good mom
I hear ya! She is so fun to watch.. I get goosebumps. You are a great mom who is concerned about your childs needs. xoxo
That was sweet Shan! I have no doubt you'll make the right decisions for your family and Sydnee. Happy B-day again!
Post a Comment