Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Old Friends...
A few days ago I was driving home from my mom's house and got a message to call an old friend. We chatted and had a great conversation. She is a great mom and I always love her positive outlook on life. As I have gotten older I realize I was one lucky girl to have the friends I did growing up. I loved high school. We had so much fun and we were good kids! I was never even tempted to do bad things because none of my friends did. I laugh every time I think of all the crazy things we did! I hope and pray my kids find friends like I had. I can do everything in my power to teach them right from wrong, but I know their friends will make up all the rest! This dear friend sent me a book in the mail that was just what I needed. I am thankful that after all these years I feel like she still gets me!
That same day I came home and checked my e-mails and got one from another "old" friend. She was one of the first people I met when we moved back to Mesa when I was 7 years old. We had some good times running the neighborhood as kids! It was short and sweet, but again just what I needed that day.
I learned a valuable lesson. Sometimes it is the small things in life that really make a difference. The things that don't take much time, but I always manage to push aside till another day. I rarely get to see or talk to either one of these girls, but when I do we pick up like old times. I am thankful for all the friends in my life. They inspire me to be better! Thank you Jenny and Christina for your kindness and for reminding me how to be a better friend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree with you. You have always been a great example and friend to me and someone I looked up to and wanted to be like.
Post a Comment