Friday, January 7, 2011
Fall Break...
It was way back in October when we took off with our little family to figure out if we were going to begin a new business adventure! It was perfect timing. The kids had a week off of school, so we literally made the decision to go, packed our bags and left early the next morning. Our first stop was in Telluride. It was BEAUTIFUL! We stayed in one of the most amazing hotels I have ever seen!
Telluride has the only free gondola system in the world. It is basically like a ski lift that goes from one end of the town to the next. We did not use our car the entire time we were there. My kids thought it was awesome!
This was the view from our window...
The was a rock climbing structure that the kids loved!
Crew is not so hip on all the picture taking
We then headed to Denver for a few days so Guy could check out some work stuff. Turns out October is an off time for Colorado. You are too late for all the outdoor summer adventure stuff, but too early for all the winter fun. We were told to try out all these fun spots, but everything was closed down... the alpine slides were closed, the hot springs were closed, the amusement parks were closed! So... we ended up at the mall and the movies. The kids were a little bummed because we had hyped everything up, but we still had a good time.
For me this was almost a surreal trip. I have never went away on vacation thinking that there is a possibility that my family will live there. Colorado was beautiful and as hard as this little adventure has been it has been a huge blessing for our family. Aside from the 3 years that I was at BYU I have never lived outside of Arizona so the thought of leaving terrifies me. We are surrounded with family and friends that we adore. In a perfect world I would never leave this, but I am now at the point that I will do whatever is best for our family. If that means I have to pack my bags and move I will do it. I took for granted the blessing it is to have my little family under the same roof every single night. The day to day things like prayer, scripture study, ball games, recitals ect. are not the same without Guy here. Who knows where we will be, but the year of 2010 has taught me to appreciate the small things. I am so blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We thought of making Colorado our home too. So beautiful!
I love Colorado. I understand what you are going through. It is tough to not have dad and your husband around. I wanted to stay in Az. After 5 months of being on my own, I knew it was best to be where Chase was. It is really tough to be away from family, but you appreciate it even more when you are with them.
We love Colorado. I keep telling Steve to get a job there cause I want to live there! You've been a blogging maniac since I last checked in! So fun to see all the pictures! It was so much fun to see you and catch up a little bit on our lives. We had some good times and it's so great to still be in touch! Good luck with what the future brings!
Post a Comment