Friday, January 14, 2011

Thanksgiving...

I love Thanksgiving! The food, the family, and everything else that surrounds it. I think we can look back over the year and state that it was either good or bad. Lately, it is easy to say that it is bad. There is a lot of stress and heartache going on all around us....despite this, I believe life is good. We have a loving Heavenly Father that wants us to be happy. Thanksgiving is a day that we set aside to count our blessings and Iam so thankful that we do, but, I am going to try to do it on a daily basis.... The other day my washing machine broke! There was no way Guy could fix it because believe me he would if he could. So we went to Spencer's to get a new one. I had my eye on a particular set because I liked the way it looked! It came in fun colors and my mind was racing as to what I could do with my laundry room. Guy looked at me and told me that he would buy me the set, but he didn't think it was necessary to spend the money on a dryer being that ours works just fine. I rolled my eyes and told him to do whatever. He bought the washing machine and opted to wait on the dryer. I was bugged but chose to keep that to myself. Later that day I was with a few friends and we were talking about life and I had an ah ha moment! You see, we have the choice to be happy or sad, we determine the outcome of our day by our attitude. I realize how thankful I am that we even had the money to replace my washing machine. There has been plenty of times over the last couple of years that I would have been out of luck! I am so thankful for the life I have. I love my little family so much! We are truly blessed! Life is going to bring us good days and bad days, but it is what we make of those days that matter. As for Thanksgiving... Guy took the kids with him to play basketball on Thanksgiving morning. After I was done with my food assignments and everyone was dressed we headed over to my aunt Donna's house. We ended the day at the Harmans and then I braved black Friday with Joyce. I will never do that again! The sales were not even that good! Then we went to Tom's house the next day to celebrate with them! We had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: