Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ava

I will occassionally read of this mothers remarkable story and love for a child she so prematurely lost. I don't know her, but I admire her so much. She makes me want to hug my kids a little more and try a little harder to do the little things in life that matter. Read her story. I promise you will cry, but you will want to be better. What a lucky little girl to have a mom who loves her so much. How thankful I am for the plan and for the knowlege I have of why we are here. There is nothing I am more thankful for in this life than my children. We never know what "our" plan is, so because of Sheye it is my goal to put the laundry aside and get down on the floor and play with my kids, to read one more story, or to go for one more walk. sheyerosemeyer.blogspot.com


10 comments:

Corree said...

Thank you so much for sharing that link! It's days like today that I need that little reminder to slow down, you never know what can happen!!

The Wonnacotts said...

Shannon, you are such a good mom! I really hope that I can be like you when I start having kids. Can't wait to see you in a week!

Jenny Dahl said...

That story sucks!! I had to find out more so I clicked on Ava's memorial link. Big mistake! It took a good 10 minutes to stop crying. But still I was thankful for the reminder! You just never know.

Webb Family said...

I have read that along time ago and cried my eyes out! So, what do I go & do yes stupid me I read it again & cry like a baby again. Makes you want to go & hug all your kiddos.

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

What an amazing mom! I have been crying but it makes you really cherish your children and every moment we have with them. That little girl was gorgeous! Thanks for sharing Shannon!

Natalie Hall said...

I was bawling like a baby! That accident was just a horrible way to loose a child.
I really needed to read that. Shannon thanks for sharing that website. It does make me want to stop doing all of the stupid things in life. And spend every moment with my kids.

Tracey said...

Okay, that was so depressing! I have not cried like that for a while. I went & checked on each of my kids as soon as I was finished reading. What an angel!!!

Lisa Harris said...

I love this blog too. I had to quit reading it though because I was in tears for hours after. Eric asked me to kindly quit reading her story over and over. It really is such a wonderful tribute to her daughter.

Steph Wallin said...

Shannon,I'm a mess. Thank you for the link. Every mom needs a little perspective now and then. Steph