Friday, May 16, 2008

Crazy Month of May!

Ugh... we have had so many things going on this month! I feel like I am running around like crazy, and in all this craziness I have forgotten my camera for seriously everything! I think all my driving is killing off brain cells! Even though I don't have pictures to document I wanted to put a few things on the blog for us to remember...
A couple weeks ago I went with Tanner to cookies with mom for all the kinders. He made me the cutest stuff. I loved how his teacher framed his cute little hand. It is sitting on the fireplace mantle in my bedroom right now and I love it! I am too lazy to take a picture of it right now, but I will later. As a toddler Tanner was the easiest kid. This year has been a challenge with him, but the one thing I really treasure about Tanner is how much he loves me. We had arranged for me to take the kids to school, go to cookies with mom and then take Tanner home and he and Guy were going to leave for Fathers and Sons. On the way home he said, " Mom did you have fun today? I said, " Yes buddy, did you?" He said, " yes thank you for coming mom, I love you." I got a little teary eyed, because what Tanner did not know was that I was seriously considering missing the whole thing all together. To drive 30 min. to turn around and bring him straight home seemed like a waste of time. But after he made it very clear that he really wanted to go, I gave in. I'm so glad I did because I rarely get one on one time with each of my kids and I think it will be something we both will always treasure.

Guy also took Tanner to Father and Sons this month. I was trying to convince him that Crew would love it too, but he said no diapers. Hehe They took the arcticat and fishing poles and headed off. Tanner had a blast with his Dad and all his buddies. I took the girls swimming with the Turner girls and then we went to the mall and dinner for a girls night out.

Sydnee and I had a mother daughter activity for all the activity day girls. Sydnee misses a lot of the activities because of dance, so she was really excited to go. We had a lesson on etiquette, learned a new summer hair do, painted each others nails and had fun with our friends.

I also failed to mention anything on Mother's Day, but I want my mom to know how much I love her. It was a great day and my family went out of their way to make me feel loved. Sat. I went with the Crandall girls to get pedicures. It is always nice to have a little female bonding break. Then on Sunday morning they let me sleep in and made me breakfast in bed. The kids were all excited to give me the presents they had made me and also the ones they picked out with daddy! We then headed to church and the talks were all so good. My favorite part was when the primary sang to the moms. It melts my heart to watch my children up there on the stand. (Now as to the way my children acted in church, that is a whole other post. Lets just say I was mother of the year and was whispering in their ears that they were ruining my mothers day!) Guy took Crew the last hour of the block and I actually got to sit through the whole hour of relief society. I don't know if I enjoyed the lesson or the fact that I was just sitting by myself the most, but it was so nice all the same. We then went to my parents house for a yummy dinner and a cute gift. My mom is always so thoughtful and gives all of us girls something fun on Mothers Day. We then went to Guys moms house for dessert and to talk to Cameron. It is hard to believe that he will be home in August! I am also very thankful for my mother in law and the mother that she is. I owe everything my husband is to her and I am thankful that although it was not always easy doing the important things on her own with 5 kids, I'm thankful she did!

Guy has been playing on a basketball team with some of his buddies and really having a good time. This week was the tournament and they made it to the final game. They gave the young guys a run for their money and ended up losing by 2. It was so fun for him to do something he really enjoys again.

Finally last night we had the celebration of learning at the kids school. It was fun to go see how hard they have been working this year. Guy and I were both so proud of both Sydnee and Tanner. They are both such good kids and really try hard.

For now, we are trying to survive the last week of school and are so excited for summer! We might actually have some normalcy at the Crandall home for a bit...





Fun picture of all the girl cousins!

10 comments:

Emily Webb said...

Man o Man And I thought I was crazy! I definitely don't want to drive around as much as you do, but just think only four more days! Huuurrray!

Unknown said...

Hooray! school is almost out! We are counting down the days too. I'm so glad I get to chat with you in the halls at church...of course I'd rather not be in the halls, but what can I do!

Jamie said...

Wow it sounds like it has been crazy for you lately. But isn't it always crazy for you? Aren't you so excited to come out here in 2 weeks!!

Tiffany said...

Wow! You have been busy! I just got home today. I feel like I haven't seen you forever. Glad you had a great Mothers Day! It sounds like it was better than mine! My husband woke up sick! Lucky me!

Ali Hawkins said...

Shannon sounds like you have been busy! I feel bad for all of your driving.I liked the part about Tanner and cookies with mom .I always try to get out of stuff like that because it seems pointless but usually that is the stuff the kids enjoy the most.

Jenny Dahl said...

A busy lady!! You've kept up an amazing pace this year. Hoping summer really does give you a bit of a break, especially from the car. Pat yourself on the back. You deserve an A on your report card too!

Webb Family said...

You have been busy & you are smart to write it down even if you don't have pictures to go with.

Cami said...

WOW! Life is crazy isn't it. We need to get together.

christa said...

It's amazing just how busy life can be. You are a great mom Shannon, and your kids a truly lucky to have you!!

Tracey said...

What happened to your cute background? Looks like your house is going to be very pretty, I want to walk it with you someday!