Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy father's day!

Movie night with the kids
fathers day 2008 (Brynlee was in rare form!)
Papa Adair and the kids
Grandpa Mark Sydnee and Karlee

Just wanted to take a minute tonight and give appreciation to the " fathers" in my life. First I would like to say how thankful I am for my dad. I am thankful for all he has taught me. I had so much respect for my dad growing up that I never wanted to disappoint him. I love how he played with us growing up. I have many fond memories of playing football, softball, swimming and yes even shopping with my dad. He taught me the gospel and how important it is in my life. He taught me to work and most importantly he loved me and I knew it! I still to this day get random calls from my dad to check in and see how I am doing. My kids love their Papa and enjoy all the time they get to spend with him.
I am also thankful for Guys dad, Tom. Guy has many fond memories of doing fun things with his dad as a child. I am thankful that he taught my husband how important it is to "play" with my children.
Next, Guy's mom remarried a couple years ago, and although Guy was never living at home while his mom has been married to Mark, Guy looks up to and loves Mark very much. We could not have hand picked a better husband for Rusty. He treats us all as his own and my children adore him.
And finally, I want to say how much I appreciate my husband. He truly is the best dad. He will step in and help me with them whenever I need it, and he spend countless hours teaching and playing with my kids. Everything he does is for us and we are all so lucky to have him. A couple months ago Tanner came running in the house from the park. He asked if Guy was home and I said no not yet. He said tell Dad to hurry and come play football with us at the park when he gets home because all my friends think dad is so cool mom! I thought this was so cute. How thankful I am that I have a husband that loves his children and his children truly know that! Happy Father's day, I love you all.

3 comments:

Ali Hawkins said...

Cute post.You do have a great dad!

Tiffany said...

Cute pictures and a sweet post!

Hayley said...

I love all the dad pictures shannon! Too cute. And happy anniversary- you guys really do make just the perfect couple!