Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Tan Man!

The Big 7! I can not believe that my little guy is already 7! I remember when I had 3 small ones so close together and I would see older people in public and they would always tell me to enjoy them because they grow up so fast. I would think..." Yeah lady easy for you to say, you really must have forgot what it is like to drag little ones everywhere!" I really thought it would never end and that I would always be a crazy lady! Well I am still a crazy lady, but I am loving the stage this little guy is in. He is such a good kid and he is so much fun to have in our family. He got a new bike this morning for his b-day( pictures to come soon, I am too lazy to download them all!) We were so excited to give it to him because he has wanted it sooo bad, but we got the quite, no emotion Tanner reaction! Guy and I had to laugh because we knew he was so excited, but he did not want it on video! The kid is hilarious! He has had a great week celebrating and getting ready for his birthday. He got to go to lunch with Grandma and Papa, then to the Disney store and Build a Bear. My mom told all the kids this year that she would take them to Build a Bear and they have all loved it. His sisters got to go months ago, so he has been counting down the months! Today we went bowling with all his buddies, then he got to play with Ryland all afternoon, then he had a football game. This was Tanner's best game so far so he had a blast. After the game we went to Fuddruckers with some of the family that came to his game. He told me on the way home that it was the best birthday! We love you buddy!

7 things I love about you:

1. How excited you are to get your 2 front teeth! He knocked the 1st one out when he was 4, so he is anxiously waiting for them to grow back! 2. How everynight after I tuck you in to bed you yell, " I love you mom don't let the bed bugs bite, see you in the morning!" 3. How much you love sports! It is so fun to watch you play! 4. How you still secretly love to dress up in costumes! 5. How you seriously believe that now that you are 7 you are going to be so much bigger and better at everything! 6. Your love for the mountains and quad riding. 7. How much you love to do absolutely anything with Dad! You're the best buddy and I am so lucky to have you as one of mine!

9 comments:

The Wonnacotts said...

Happy Birthday Tan Man! Sorry I didn't call him today, I was at school watching a movie for one of my classes till 9! But I will call and talk to him tomorrow. I hope everything's going good! Love and miss you

Nichole Lowe said...

Happy Birthday Tanner! We are glad that it was the best birthday ever. Tyler had a blast at your birthday party.

Brian and Brianna said...

How cute is it that he said it was the best birthday ever! Thanks to a great mom and dad for making that happen. He is the sweetest little boy I'm glad he had a great birthday!

Ali Hawkins said...

Happy Birthday Tanner. Aren't little boys the sweetest.

Tiffany said...

Such a sweet post Shannon! He is truly such a great kid and so good. I'm glad he had such a great birthday. You always make your kids birthdays so special. We miss seeing you guys on a weekly basis. Happy Birthday Tanner!!!!

Amber said...

We all LOVE tan man.

OurHappyFamily said...

You have such cute kids Shannon! Happy B-day to your cute Tanner!

Can you email me your address-
hillarywhalen@gmail.com

Joan said...

So cute! Wow - I don't even think that your Sydney was 7 the last time I saw you----- or am I completely off my rocker?
So - to add to your comment on my blog - are you NOT a Twilight lover? Oh, I am way too addicted.....it's ridiculous!

Holly Webster said...

Hey! He is so dang cute! He kinda reminds me of my Blake! So sweet and they love their moms! I dont like to celebrate their b-days anymore, why cant they stay the way they are??? Sooo... sweet and innocent! Lets freeze them!!