Friday, August 20, 2010

Rededicate

As many of you know our dear friends Jason and Tiffany Check lost their sweet girl, Emmie, this past week. As I look back at all the feelings and emotions that I have felt, I decided to document them so I can look back and remember...remember the special feelings so I can try to do a little better each day. In the days leading up to Emmie's passing as well as the days following I have never personally felt the spirit as strong as I did then. What a sweet girl she was, and what a huge sacrifice she made for all of us who knew her personally. From the day I met Jason and Tiff I have always been in awe at how they were with Emmie. From watching Tiff stroke her hair in church or watch Jason push her around Peter Piper Pizza to all of her favorite games, they always made sure Emmie was happy! They have taught me a great lesson on how to serve, and how to serve with love. They truly understand what the pure love of Christ really is. I left their home the night Emmie passed with the strongest desire to be better. I know I can and I am more dedicated than ever to be a better mom, a better wife, a better daughter, a better sister, and a better friend. I want the feeling I felt in their home to be the feeling others feel in my home. I am so grateful for my knowledge of the gospel and the plan of salvation. I know that if I do my part of the deal here on earth I will be together with my loved ones in the next life, and really that is all that matters! I look back at the past few years and realize that although things are not always easy, it is through the hard times that I have gotten stronger. I have learned to be grateful for what I do have and try to learn from my mistakes. The spirit was so strong at her funeral. My children felt it and commented on it later. Sydnee did not want to leave. It is through these experiences that our children grow into the adults we want them to be. I am glad our family was blessed to know an angel. We love the Checks.

1 comment:

Lindsey Wood-Felstead said...

Shannon! After hearing about this sad news on your blog, I have been following your friend Tracy's blog to see what is going on. What a sweet family, what a great example they are to all of us! It is always good to get refocusd and rededicated to what is most important in life. I learned when my Dad died that life is happening waaaaay too fast and although not easy, I need to try to stay in touch with what matters most. You are a great Mom. You are a great friend. Thanks for the the great post and helping us all remember what is most important.