Friday, March 7, 2008

Keeping our head above water! (barely!)


So as many of you know we just moved and life has been a little crazy around here. We did not want to change schools for the kids so I am living in my car right now. It is a 30 min. drive one way. These are the joys of being married to a builder. This was the hardest move for me personally. We loved our ward and our neighborhood and it was so hard to give that up. Yesterday it hit and I had my melt down. I have really been trying to juggle it all and stay positive. Well I left my house at 8:15 am and did not get home until6:45 pm. My baby had had it and I was right there with him. I was really short with my kids and Guy and frankly I just wanted to go to bed. Well Cox had come out and hooked up our cable and Internet that day so I was excited to sit down at the computer and blog. I was on a good friend of mine's blog and she had recently told me about the death of her brother in law. For some reason I decide to get on this blog and read. Well I got a big taste of humble pie! I felt so sorry for this girl and how she misses her husband so bad. I thought about my crazy life and how my biggest complaint is that I have to drive all over town. We all have different trials at different times in our lives and when I look around I am amazed by what some people have to go through, and how well they come out of it. So needless to say I went and gave my husband a hug and told him I was sorry. I then went into check on Crew before I went to bed and thought of how much I love him. He is at such a fun age and we are enjoying him so much. I think we go through trials in our life for a reason. It is not supposed to be easy, but that is what makes it so worth it. So instead of drowning in my self pity I am going to make the best of my time in the car and if I need a smile I am just going to look at Crew!

13 comments:

The Wonnacotts said...

Shan, I think this is the cutest picture I have ever seen! He is so precious. I miss you guys!

Tiffany said...

Hang in there Shannon. It will get better! Thank goodness summer is almost here. Crew is such a sweetheart. That would make me smile too!

Shawni said...

Hey Shannon, you moved out of your neighborhood?? I know there are harder things, like you said, but living in your car back and forth is pretty darn rough with all those kids! Good luck! I love the baptism pictures too. What a cute little girl.

Webb Family said...

Shannon you are such an amazing mom to do all that for your kiddos! You should get some book on cd at library. Good luck!

Christa said...

I know so much what you're feeling. It's so easy to dwell on all the difficult hard things that are happening. The whole situation has really made me put things into perspective. The importance of living everyday to the fullest as if it were our last. Easier said than done, but so important. I hope things mellow out a little for you and you can find some peace with where you are.

By the way, I'm coming out for a week the middle of April, so we definitely need to find some time (when you're not driving around) to get together. Maybe on old roommate lunch or something!!!

Paige said...

i don't know how you do it. first i thought you were going to complain,but of course you finished on a good note. crew is such a cutie and the pictures of sydnee turned out beautiful. your such a great mom. yay for spring break!!!

Elisha said...

Well said Shannon! I get like that too and don't realize how blessed I am! Your kids are so adorable! Sounds like it was a neat day for Sydnee!

Elisha said...

P.S. I don't know if you got my e-mail, but I changed my blog. Our new one is
www.ourprincessesdiaries.blogspot.com
Talk to you later!

Cami said...

What,you moved? You poor thing that is so hard. Give me a call we need to catch up!

Courtney said...

Shannon,
This is a sweet post. I really needed to read it myself. I liked the humble pie part. To see what others are going through truly make you happy for the what we have been blessed with. Hand in there. You will make it. I too have to drive my girls 40 min to school each day. It takes a lot of my day but it has turned out to be such a blessing. Good Luck!!!

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joy said...

You are one busy lady!! It was so fun to see you last week. You have such a cute little family and it's so great to see the same great Shannon from years ago. Sometimes I feel like I get so caught up in being a mom and I have to remind myself who I am. It made me think of a lot of great memories. I think we should still get together soon. If you're driving out here to bring the kids to school we should definitely meet up. Thanks for the good reminder on keeping a good perspective!!

Susan said...

You are such a Good Mom! Your kids are so blessed to have you and Guy. I know the feeling --thinking life is so tough and then you hear about someone else's problems and your happy for what you have. Good luck on the move!