Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to my favorite 10 year old!!!

It is hard to believe that my Sydnee is 10 today! It really doesn't seem that long ago that Guy and I were starting this crazy adventure as parents! I was cleaning out a drawer today and I came across a picture of Sydnee that was taken in Hawaii about 5 years ago. She was still such a little girl with chubby cheeks and barely any hair. I then went to go pick her up from school to take her out to lunch and she came running down the hall with a bouncing ponytail and a huge smile. It made my day! I am so glad that she still likes to be with me. We had so much fun at lunch laughing at Crew and talking about her crazy 4th grade life, all the while I was trying to grasp the reality that she is getting so big. She requested Brio for lunch because she hears me talk about the lunch dates with friends, and Oregano's for dinner with Grandma and Grandpa. Long lost the days of McDonald's and Sonic ( thank goodness)! She got the Rollerblades she had been wanting, clothes, and money. Her and Tanner have an on going contest to see who can get the most $ on their birthday. I think they are both spoiled! She has a soft heart and has thanked me repeatedly all day for giving her such a perfect birthday. I love her! 10 Things about Sydnee 1- She loves to shop! She is my little partner in crime 2- She is very kind. I am told quite often of a kind gesture that Sydnee has done to someone else, and I love that about her. 3- She loves to snuggle with mom and dad 4- She adores Crew. She has always been a mini mom to him and he loves her! 5- She loves to dance more than anything! There are weeks she is at the studio 5 days a week ( way too many in my opinion) and she never gets tired of it 6- She is naturally very athletic. She picks things up very quickly just like her dad. 7- She is honest 8-She memorized all the articles of faith and reads her scriptures every night 9-She is a little social butterfly and always wants to be playing with a friend 10- She has the prettiest blue eyes Happy Birthday Miss Sydnee Lulu! We love you!

6 comments:

Nichole Lowe said...

Happy Birthday Sydney! Wow I can't believe how old they are getting. It just seems like yesterday we were doing lunch dates at the mall with a bunch of babies. Time flies!

The Wonnacotts said...

Happy Birthday Lulu! I cannot believe she is 10 already! After I talked to her yesterday I was thinking about the day she was born, and how much fun I have had with her all these years! She's always been my little buddy. Hope she had a fun day!

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Sydnee Lulu! I can't believe she is 10!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday Syd!!! I'm so glad you had a great day yesterday. You are such a sweet girl and I just love watching you dance. You have the cutest personality! Hope you have fun this weekend! xoxo

Joan said...

YOUR syd is getting so old.
crazy!
i keep meaning to do a post for my syd...who turned 12 in dec! crazy.

Jenny Dahl said...

She reminds me a lot of you. Beautiful eyes, kind, athletic. No wonder she is so well loved by everyone.
Happy B-day!