It has been a crazy day, but I couldn't go without wishing my Dad a happy Birthday! I love my dad so much and am so thankful for all that he has taught me and does for me. I have so many fond memories with my dad. He loved to play with us. We would have football and softball games with all the kids in the neighborhood in the field behind our house all the time. Having five daughters he learned how to tolerate shopping. We had so much fun going with Dad to pick out an outfit for school every year. Dad always planned awesome vacations for us. My parents were crazy and would let me talk them into inviting all my friends to come along to Lake Powell and the cabin many times with our family. We had so much fun! Growing up all my friends knew I had a strict midnight curfew, and that my dad would be waiting up for me. I used to hate this, but looking back I had some of my best conversations with my dad on these nights. I was always trying to talk him into giving me more freedom. ( I never won!) All this aside, I am most thankful for the standards that I was taught at home. My Dad has a very strong testimony of the gospel and is just a great man. I love how he loves me and my children. He also loves my mom more than anything and we always knew that growing up. He taught me what I want in my life. My children love their Papa so much. He spoils them rotten and has them wrapped around his finger. We love you Dad and hope you have a great Birthday!
Dad playing with all the kids in Newport
Grandma and Papa with Crew
Tanner and Papa
Papa, Tanner, Guy and Crew
Grandma, Papa and Crew on his blessing day
Dad playing with all the kids in Newport
Grandma and Papa with Crew
Tanner and Papa
Papa, Tanner, Guy and Crew
Grandma, Papa and Crew on his blessing day
7 comments:
Love your dad! He had to be one of the greatest dads that anyone at school had. Always so much fun and welcoming to everyone, and I mean everyone. Your kids are lucky to have such a fun papa. I hope he had a really great day!
Your dad seems like such a great man! I hope you guys had a fun night with him and I hope he had a great day!
What a great man. And letting ALL of us come on your family vacations!!!Remember Lake Powell right after we graduated? Who else's parents would have taken that many of us? Seriously, good time. Happy Birthday to good old Doug!!!
I remember learning a few lesson from your Dad myself. In fact I would go so far as to say we have all learned a few lessons from him. What an impact he had during our high school years. I'm grateful for the fun he provided us all and the example. Hope he has a very Happy Birthday!
What a sweet post Shannon. Now I know where you got your goodness from.
what a great dad! your parents are always at every dance performance they are so supportive. hope your dad had a happy birthday!
Happy birthday to your dad! What a great guy! I love all the sweet things you said about him. You are both blessed!
Post a Comment