

Not that my husband will ever look at my blog and see that I wrote this about him, but when I print it out in a book he can see I was thinking of him! Guy and I met 16 years ago when we were sophomores in high school. I knew who he was because my cousin had a crush on him in junior high and we followed him around the mall one day! My parents liked Guy, but they did not want me to have a serious boyfriend that young. We would date other people, but it was just kind of a known fact that we were together. I loved high school and have so many fond memories of fun things we did together and with all our friends. Shortly after graduation I went up to Provo and he stayed home to earn money for his mission. When he left I was bawling and I remember my dad telling me that it would get easier for me and harder for him. Well as time went by it did get easier. I started to date and like other guys and we eventually stopped writing all together. The Christmas before he got home I sent him a package and we wrote a little bit at the end. My parents convinced me to come home to see Guy when he got home. I remember being so nervous because we really had not kept in touch. I was also dating someone else at the time ( not my families favorite!) and thought that nothing would happen with Guy and I anyway. Well to make a long story short he came home in Feb. and we were married in June. I am so glad I had that two years to date other guys and realize how much I really did like guy. When you have nothing to compare it to you don't know how good you have it. I love my husband so much. I could not have asked for a better husband and father for my children. He loves his family more than anything and works so hard for us. Guy works out of the home so we get to spend a lot of time together. I hear women all the time say how that would drive them crazy. I love it! I get to go to lunch with him and do things that I would never get to do otherwise. He helps me so much with the kids. I take him for granted so much, but all I need to do is look around and I realize how much time he puts into us that most dads don't! He is my biggest cheerleader and is always encouraging me to follow through with my goals. He has so many great qualities that I love about him. He never says anything bad about anybody. He hates contention and will avoid it at all costs.( sometimes this drives me crazy and I wish he would just fight with me! LOL) He loves to play with the kids. Every afternoon he is either at the park or outside swimming or on the tramp with the kids. He has a strong testimony of the gospel and he honors his priesthood. He is not lazy! He is such a hard worker and never likes to sit around. He is up for anything and always likes to have fun. Hope you have a great day babe. I love you!



4 comments:
You all have busy with Birthdays. I hope Guy gets a chance to read your sweet words on his day. Has it really been 16 years since you all started dating back in H.S.? We've come a long way since we spent our days pretending to play racquetball so we could spy or doing drive bys. You two provided great memories and some good laughs for us all. Hope Guy has a great b-day. Send our wishes!
That was really neat to read about your courtship! I love stories like that! I agree though, it takes dating a lot of "interesting ones" to realize what amazing men we have!
Happy Birthday Guy!I was just folding laundry and realized that it was the 28th! If it wasn't 10 I would call and say happy birthday! Hope it was a fun day!
Happy birthday Guy! You two are so cute together! He is such a sweet guy. Hope he had a great day.
Post a Comment