Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!






Today is my mom's birthday, and I just wanted to let her know how much we love her. She has so many great qualities, but my favorite quality of her is that she always puts her family first. As kids we always knew that mom would be there for everything! She is an amazing housekeeper, cook, decorator,storyteller and friend. I think I really gained a greater love for my mom when I became a mother myself. It is a lot harder than I ever thought, and I just hope that someday my kids will look up to me the way I do my mom. My kids think she is the greatest person on earth and we all love her so much! Happy Birthday MOM!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

That was such a sweet post. Your mom seems like such a sweet person. She is such a great grandma, your kids adore her! I hope you guys had fun at dinner!

Webb Family said...

Happy birthday to your mom!!! Your mom sounds great & it's wonderful how close you two are.

Joy said...

Is there anyone in the world who doesn't just adore your mom? She is such a happy person with such a great talent of making sure everyone around her feels important. Happy Birthday Karen!

Jenny Dahl said...

She is the best second mom I ever had! And I agree with Joy, is there anyone who doesn't love her? Hope she had a great birthday!

christa said...

Happy Birthday Karen!!! She is such a sweet person. I remember last conference seeing her in the GAP up here in Salt Lake. It had seriously probably been 8 years since I'd seen her, yet it was as if it were yesterday, but the way she just picked up and wanted to know all about my kids and husband, etc. She's a special lady!!

Brianne Skidmore said...

I can tell she is a good mom to you just the few times that I have been around her. You're so blessed to have her.

Lisa said...

It's so fun that you have all of your family so close. I wish my Mom and sisters lived here, too. What a great post. It's fun to see you with your family!