




On Sunday we blessed Crew and I have not had the time to sit down and blog about it yet. Guy gave him a wonderful blessing and he was promised many important things. It is times like this that I am so grateful for the gospel and for a husband who is worthy to give him a blessing. I was so lucky to grow up in a home where we also had the priesthood. My parents gave all they had for us kids and I am so grateful for all they did. I always loved my parents but now that I am wearing the " parenting hat" I appreciate so much more all they did for me. I look back and have such fond memories of my childhood. Football in the field behind the house with Dad, shopping days with mom, many enjoyable family vacations, FHE, scripture study at 6 am, softball games, tennis lessons, vollyball camps, gymnastics, pizza for all my friends after football games, trips to the ranch, trips to Lake Powell, I could go on and on(but i wont). I want this for my children. I want them to know that they are loved unconditionally. I want them to know I want to be their friend. I want to teach them right from wrong and be an example to them. I want my home to be a place that they always feel welcome. I want there to be laughter in my home. I want to teach my children to work and that they will blessed for working hard. I am so thankful for the sweet spirits that I have been blessed with in my home and that they chose me to be their mother. There is nothing to me more important than being their mom and knowing that I did my best. It is alot harder than I ever thought, but when I look at their sweet faces it is so worth it. Having a new baby in the home has helpe me to sit back and be thankful for what I have. Sunday was such a great day and I felt the spirit so strong. After the blessing everyone came over our house to eat and hang out. It is a full house with my family and Guys! Amazingly nothing was broken( it usually is) with all those crazy kiddos running around! Then uncle Kenny and Aunt Marie took all the older kids to their house to spend the night. They took then to teepee the Lunts and the kids thought that was so cool. How lucky my kids are to have such a fun family!
13 comments:
There is nothing like a new baby to remind us of the sweetness we are blessed with. So glad the day was wonderful. Crew is lucky to have found himself in such a wonderful family. And your parents, I too could go on forever. They were like second parents to me. Your poor dad, think of all the things that were broken when the gang raided their house almost on a daily basis. The price parents pay to have such a welcoming home. Congratulations again Shannon. Wish I could have been there.
I love the new back ground. Call me and help me do mine!! If you remember how??
I wish I could have been there for Crew's blessing. It sounds like everything went great!
It's amazing how much more was learn all the things are parents did for us once we become parents. It sounds like it was a perfect day!
I am totally tearing up! That was so sweet to read! I feel totally blessed in my life as well! Being a Mother gives you such wonderful glimpses in what Heaven really is about!
What a sweet post. Thanks so much for sharing your feeling on this subject. I agree with everything you said about the kind of home I want to have for my kids and I feel the same way about my parents. And of course your parents, I love love love them, even still when we see them they are so sweet and talk and ask how we're doing and seem so genuinely interested in us even though we don't see you as much as we see them! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day for Crew's blessing with lots of loving family around.
I forgot Julie needs your email address to invite you to her blog, I have one for you but it's old so just leave me a comment with it to make sure I have the right one and I'll make sure she gets it so you can see what she's up to.
Beautiful, I could not agree more also with everything everbody already commented on. I am so glad it was such a tender special day.
Those pictures are adorable! You look so cute in that dress! I can't believe how big Crew is getting!
congratulations on such a big day four your family. it is always so fun to get together for blessings. and such a memorable experience. what a great post! and a great way to journal all your feelings about parenting and about a big event in your lives!
That was such a great post to read. You're right, being a mom makes you realize all the wonderful things our parents have done for us. Talking about your family, made me think of so many great times we've had at your house and with your family. Your'e parents were always so welcoming and loving to your friends. They are such good people. I hope they are doing well, and I have not doubt you are an amazing mother!! I'm glad Crew's day was so memorable.
i love the new look of your blog, (you should see me right now with my big goggles on from lasik.) that's so sweet of all the wonderful things about your family. it's such a great feeling to have a new little one recieve all these great blessings just for them.
Love your cute blog! Your background is very cute. Love all the cute pictures of the kids. Baby Crew is so cute and sweet.
Just found your blog... wow what a fun world, I'm going to have to start in on the new craze. What a wonderful way to see and keep in touch w/ old friends. Your family is darling and it sounds like you are all doing great!
Love Amy Goodman
goodmanamy@hotmail.com
Post a Comment