Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering



I have gone about my daily tasks and did not even realize what today was, until I turned on Oprah and she was remembering the victims of Sept. 11 th. I was so sad for so many of the children who lost a parent and were in tears as they remembered. I will never forget that day. Guy called and woke me up telling me to turn the TV on. I remember not wanting to leave the TV. I was obsessed with wanting to know all the details. Once it became obvious what had happened, I remember watching as family members posted pictures of their loved ones, holding out hope that they would be found alive. A lot has happened since that day. I was pregnant with Tanner at the time and have had 3 children since that day. We all go on, but I hope we never forget what all the heroes did for us that day. I love the Alan Jackson song about that day " Have you Forgotten?" Last October we went with a group of friends to New York. We had the opportunity to go to Ground Zero. It was crazy to think what it would have been like to be there when those HUGE buildings were falling. The pictures I have are not great, but for those of you who have never seen Ground Zero, this will give you an idea.

7 comments:

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i love that songs. it brings me to tears everytime i hear it. but it is a great reminder to never forget.

Jenny Dahl said...

I've been thinking about it all day too. Years have passed, life goes on, but the memories of such a horrific day will forever be etched in our minds.

Christa said...

I've been thinking about it all day as well. I was also able to go to ground zero only about six months after it happened. It was like nothing else I'd ever experienced. There must have been hundreds and hundreds of people there that day, but no one made a sound. It seemed impossible for anyone not to give their respects that day. It was a surreal feeling to see the rubbish and remains of what once was something so grand. I'll never forget the experience of being there. My heart as well goes out to all who were so closely affected that day.

Natalie Hall said...

Ok I love that you posted about 9/11 also. It is such an huge historical event that should always be remembered. Hopefully I can make it back to New York to see Ground Zero.
Oh by the way, Aryn Bunker and I were talking on the phone today about how darn beautiful you are, and your family. So please, Whats your secret for looking like you are still in junior high. You are just lookin great. I guess you are made to have 10 kids.

Queen Creek Chaffee's said...

The memories os that day will never leave. I remember hearing my parents talk about how they remember exactly where they were when Kenedy was shot. I think our generation will always remember exactly where we were and what we were doing when the towers fell.

Joni said...

I remember that day vividly too! I think the horror that happened that day will stay with all of us!

Webb Family said...

I still can't believe it's been 6 years ago! That is a funny picture of Micah it looks like he is holding a trash bag!