Last Monday Guy's grandpa Crandall had a stroke and passed away. So Friday we all headed up to Safford for his funeral. He was such a great man, and such a good example to all of us. He had just turned 96 and lived a life that we can all look up to. He worked for the FBI for over 30 years and loved it! Everytime we would ask him to tell us stories about his career he would smile and tell us he would have to kill us if he did! There were many stories told about him, but the one that really stuck out to me was told by his oldest son Rick. He said that a few years ago he ran into a guy that was an FBI agent that worked with grandpa. The man said that everytime anybody walked by the pop machine grandpa would offer to buy them a soda. He even bought sodas for the people he had just cuffed and arrested! Grandpa treated everyone he came across as an equal and was kind to everyone. What a great example that is to all of us.
Ryland was standing by this headstone, and I loved how it said CRANDALL so big!
The family at the grave site.
Meghan, Ryland, Tatum, Sydnee and Tanner
Shannon, Tom, Jamie, Penny, Jeff and Tanner
Uncle Russ, Uncle Rick, Tom (front) Aunt Drucie, Grandma Crandall, and Aunt Lella
Ryland was standing by this headstone, and I loved how it said CRANDALL so big!
The family at the grave site.
Meghan, Ryland, Tatum, Sydnee and Tanner
Shannon, Tom, Jamie, Penny, Jeff and Tanner
Uncle Russ, Uncle Rick, Tom (front) Aunt Drucie, Grandma Crandall, and Aunt Lella
5 comments:
Ohh, I had a little catching up to do here. You have been busy. First of all, sorry about the funeral. But 96, wow, I'm not even sure if I want to make it that long. I love hearing those stories of our loved ones and its a good reminder to live in a way that one day similar stories can be told about us.
As for the rest of it. What a fun week. Little family vacations are the best. Is that the same cabin from our high school days? Glad you had such a fun time. And BTW, you don't look like you just had a baby, let alone #4!
I'm so sorry about Guy's grandpa, so sad to see people we love pass on but we're so thankful for the knowledge we have of the plan. He sounds like a really great man.
The cabin looks like so much fun, I love having fun with just Nate and the kids. That's a great picture of you and Crew. Your family is so cute.
So sorry to hear about this. The cabin pics are darling. . . looks like the kids had a ball. Your family is adorable and those kids couldn't be any cuter!
P.S Fyi, I just added you to my list of bloggers (hope you don't mind) :)
This is all neat fun, great times! sorry about the grandpa, we have definitely had our fair share too. Your kids will always remember this though. We missed ya down in good old gilbert! Glad you guys are home safely!
I'm sorry for your loss. Though its always wonderful to celebrate a good life.
Post a Comment