Thursday, October 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Tan Man!!

Yesterday I went down to the corner to wait for Tanner to get off the bus, and as he was running up to me, I got a little emotional and thought how crazy it is that he is turning 6 today! Tanner is such a good kid. I never worry about sending him out, because I know that he always tries to be good! He came into this world as such a sweet spirit. He was such a sweet baby and we had so much fun with him! I came from a family of all girls, and Tanner was the first grandson on my side, so we were all so excited. He is named Tanner Douglas after his papa. My parents had the name Douglas Tanner picked out for the son they never got, so we switched it around and grandpa was so excited! Tanner has such a funny personality! As a little kid you never saw him without a cape or a costume on, and he always had a gun or a sword. To this day he will dress up and play swords with anyone. It was not until last year that he stopped insisting on wearing a costume everywhere we went! You never know what will come out of his mouth. He loves to play sports. His favorite is basketball, followed close behind by football. He has such a tender heart. Little kids love Tanner because he is so nice to them. He is a great brother. He was so excited to finally get a brother, and loves Crew so much. Brynlee thinks Tanner is her best friend and misses him everyday. Tanner watches over her like a bat! Although Tanner and Sydnee do their fair share of fighting, they play and have tons of fun together. He is my buddy and loves to do anything with me. He loves to build Lego's, do art projects and anything he can make. He loves to sing. He got an MP3 player for his birthday and is so excited. You should hear him belt out Keith Urban in the shower. SO funny! We love his laid back personality and wish we could all let things roll off our shoulders like Tanner. He is definitely on his own time frame and does things when he wants and not before. ( We were all a little worried when he was 17 months and still not walking!) Grandpa suggest Red Bull or Dr. Pepper before a sporting event to wake him up a little! haha! He is truly such a blessing in our family and we love him so much. Hope you have a great birthday buddy!!xoxo Tanner this morning before he left for school.
Tanner loves his cousin Ryland! This is at Disneyland with Jack Sparrow.
Sydnee, Tanner and Brynlee
Tanner and Baby Crew
Tan Man!

10 comments:

Joni said...

What a cute kid! Happy Birthday! I love reflecting on how my kids have grown. It reminds me how fast my time with them is going by and how they are turning into great people despite my flaws. Sorry to make this a little sappy, but my oldest's birthday is tomorrow and he'll be 9, I can't beleive it!!!!(So once I got started thinking about it, I couldn't stop myself:).

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Tanner!! We hope you have a good day! We wish we could be there to celebrate with you! Love you!

Susan said...

what a sweet tribute to Tanner! He is so sweet and I just love laid back boys. I loved the story about his name, I bet your parents were so excited. Happy Birthday Tanner!

Natalie Hall said...

He is just a handsome little man!
You and Guy make some darn attractive children. I love that he is so precious. I can only imagine the joy your Dad felt when the first grandson joined the world. I am sure you will make his B-day incredible. Happy Birthday little Hottie!

Tiffany said...

ahhh... he is so sweet and cute! I always tell you how handsome he is. My dad was going to name us girls Douglas if we were boys. Funny story! Happy Birthday Tanner!

OurHappyFamily said...

He is so dang cute! He must make you one proud mama!

Amy Y said...

I remember being at your house when he and Kyla were both just over a year old and he wasn't walking yet...just goes to show it really doesn't matter when they start to walk. He is so cute and sounds like the nicest little boy. I'd like to have him around my house I think. Hope he had a great day!

OK, so I've been noticing that not many days goes by that your girls aren't wearing different, really really cute necklaces. If you don't mind my asking... where do you get them? Do you buy them or make them or both and if you make them, where do you get the pendants? They're all so cute!

And yes, we do need to get together. If Nate would ever stay home for a weekend we could work it out. I'll tell him to decide when he's staying home and talk to Guy about it. See you soon.

Webb Family said...

I love all the sweet things you said. Happy Birthday Tanner! What a blessing to have such a sweet boy!

Brianne Skidmore said...

Wow. I can't believe he's 6, either.It's been too long since we've gotten the kids together. I'm sure he and Cade would have a blast together since they sound so similar. I think little boys are the best.(Don't tell my 3 girls I said that.)

Domestic Bliss & FOUND said...

He is so handsome! I will have to set him up with my daughter when they get older!!!
Funny- I remember seeing you in the OB's office when we were both expecting!! I think I told you that before- but we were on the same timing- except that you have had a couple more after my last!!!
My son just saw your baby on your blog and is begging me for a baby brother just like him!
K