Monday, October 8, 2007

Smiley Boy and my Hairdresser!




I finally got a few pictures of Crew smiling. Every time I pull the camera out he gets very serious. I love this stage! I could love and kiss on him all day. And now on to our other fun story of the day. Brynlee gave herself some sweet bangs! Urgh! Hair is not an asset that my children are blessed with for a long time. We finally got it all grown out in front and cut it into a cute little bob last week. Now we have short bangs! What do you do? She told me sorry all day long. Needless to say every scissor in my house is under lock and key. ( She used the tiny scissors she found in Guys nail kit!) While this was going on, I had Tanner sit on the couch and hold Crew so I could try to fix her hair. He started to fuss so I had Sydnee go get him. She brings him into me with poop going up his back and everywhere. Then I go look on the couch and it is all over it and tanner's lap. We got a good laugh out of it. There is never a dull moment with 4 kids!

17 comments:

Jamie said...

Cute pictures of Crew! Smiles are the best! I love Brynlee's new haircut! Just in time for family pictures!

Jenny Dahl said...

Those are some sweet ole bangs! Good thing aunt Angie is around. I'm waiting for the day one of mine take the scissors to their hair. Really, its only a matter of time. Seems like every family has one brave enough to attempt a solo haircut. At least she'll have something new to cry about right before they pick her up for preschool!

Jenny Dahl said...

Oh, I forgot. My email is jenny@thedahlfamily.org

Jenny Dahl said...

Sorry Shannon. I don't know if I have to use my gmail account. Just in case here it is. jennyadahl@gmail.com
Thanks!

Corree said...

Those are cute pictures of Crew. I love that age!! I still remember the day Kenadee gave herself a hair cut, she had hardly any hair to begin with.

Julie said...

Oh man, fun times around your house. Whew! Well, at least she HAS bangs. Mine just hacked her bangs all the way off... so it could be worse! Aaah!!! Love your attitude though!

Anonymous said...

wow! those bangs are good! I now can see why we can't really fix them. But at least you can put a clip in them and it still looks cute!!

Tiffany said...

Baby Crew is so cute! He is getting so big. They grow so fast! I can't believe Brynlee cut her hair. Little stinker! Altleast she looks cute with bangs!

christa said...

I'm laughing so hard at that whole post. I'm sooo scared of Malia getting a hold of the scissors. I guess it's bound to happen the first second she can her hands on some. I can't imagine how busy your days are with four little ones!!!

Webb Family said...

I love when they finally start to really smile-very cute! I'm so sorry about Brynlee's hair, I don't know what I would do if Kennedi did that. She is also not blessed w/ a lot of hair!

Amy Y said...

Yes, these are the days we'll look back and laugh about. Good thing kids are cute eh?

A. Goodie said...

Been there!!! My little girl was watching Barbie Rapunzal and was "acting" out the part where she cuts her hair. It was very dramatic once she realized what she had done. Luckily we were able to just really "layer" her hair. Cute kids!

Joy said...

What a day! Doesn't it seem like when something major demands your attention, another big event happens at the same time? That seems to always happen at our house! You're a good mom if you can laugh at it all. Crew's cute, Brynlee's bangless and Tanner's probably totally grossed out to hold the baby again. So funny!

Natalie Hall said...

Shannon, I could not agree more with everything I read. That is lots of drama in one day. I just can not even imagine your face and your first thoughts when you saw her hair. Like I said before she is so darn cute it does not even matter what she does with her hair.

Joni said...

Too cute! I guess every mom gets to enjoy a fun haircut story! Lets hope you just get to endure one of those stories!

Queen Creek Chaffee's said...

Crew is so cute. The self imposed hair cuts are my worse nightmare. Wyatt and Jesse both had thier turns, so far i have been able to keep Gracies hair away from her. Knock on wood!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

your little man is soo cute! love the smiles. when i was working and my kids were in daycare one of the little girls decided to play hairdresser with my kids, it was not pretty. they tried to fix it by cutting bangs for her but they cut them from ear to ear (i'm not kidding) it was sick.